Typical of Unico: We have taken our traditional air handler that for decades has enjoyed success in countless applications and made it a more intelligent, energy-efficient, and environmentally friendly unit. Features of new Air Handler such as the SCB (S.M.A.R.T. Control Board) and the new E.C. (Electronically Commutated) motor give us a Small-Duct High-Velocity air delivery system superior to any other in the industry. Our objective was to significantly improve the motor performance by incorporating E.C. motor technology managed by our enhanced software application within the S.M.A.R.T. (Software Managed Air Rate Technology) Control Board—all while keeping the modular design of our air handler intact.
The result…… The new Unico System E.C. Small-Duct High-Velocity air-handler.
E.C. Air Handler
The ability to precisely manage airflow in a variety of operating modes is key to maximizing comfort. The new Unico System E.C. air handlers, combined with the new S.M.A.R.T. Control Board and the new E.C. motor, will provide just the perfect amount of airflow whether cooling, heating or simply circulating air.
With all the new features, the new Unico System E.C. will provide:
- Greater comfort in heating, cooling and circulation modes
- Availability in both 120v and 240v
- Perfect solution for multiple zoning capabilities without by-pass dampers
- Greater efficiencies when paired with 2 stage condensers
E.C. (Electronically Commutated) Motor
The E.C. motor is the heart of the our new air handler series. The variable-speed fan motor adjusts speed to provide a consistent flow of comfortable conditioned air with quiet operation. It features advanced design characteristics for maximum efficiency, comfort, and reliability.
Key features of the new motor are:
- At low speeds the new E.C. motor is up to two decibels quieter
- The new E.C. motor is 17% more energy efficient at full speed and 30 % more efficient at low speed than our current PSC motor
- Can be used to upgrade existing air handlers manufactured after 2003